Epic General Info
Welcome to Epic. We are very happy to have your child/ren learning wonderful skills, making lifelong friends, playing and exploring and generally having a ball, here at Epic. Please ensure we have your latest email address and mobile contact numbers at all times in case of any correspondence or emergencies. Please inform us of any special needs such as allergies etc. Parents must complete the “All about Me” registration and permission form prior to attendance and return it promptly with payment prior to attending the program Please feel free to ask any questions at any time via email, text or phone.
Epic Term Dates
Term 1: 1 February to 24 March - 8 Weeks
Term 2: 11 April to 24 June - 11 Weeks
Term 3: 11 July to 16 September - 10 Weeks
Term 4: 3 October to 20 December - 12 Weeks
Term 1: 30 January to 31 March
Term 2: 18 April to 30 June
Term 3: 17 July to 22 September
Term 4: 9 October to 22 December
Epic Guidelines and Rules
These rules and class guidelines are to be discussed
and understood by your children prior to commencing our Programs and classes.
Polite conduct, respect and courtesy are the foundations of good learning
- Epic Dance believes in good manners and courtesy at all times.
- Students are expected to put their hand in the air if they would like to talk or need a drink or to go to the bathroom.
- At Epic we implement the 3-strike program for inappropriate behaviour and we reward good behaviour.
- It is good to (now and then where necessary) give your child a simple reminder that though the Epic classes are great fun and it can seem very similar to “play”, it remains a class room and that they are to learn in a mutually respectful environment.
- Fees are to be paid in entirety prior to first attendance. We ask that parents respect our teachers by paying the fees on time. We much prefer giving our time to your children rather than mundane administration.
- Parents are to sign their children in and out at sessions when prompted to do so.
- Punctuality is appreciated at each session. Please see students safely into the reception and pick up from reception. Epic teachers are not responsible for students once they have exited the venue. Please tell students to remain inside the building at all times.
- Any medicine or anaphylactic plans should be handed to the supervising teacher with information clearly labelled on the medicine.
- Please feel free to discuss your child's progress with us at any time following your class.
What to Wear and Bring to Epic
Female students are required to wear on the bottom – black or blue dance shorts or leggings, gym pants, stretchy dance stockings or dance pants. On the top they should wear the Epic Dance t-shirt. These t-shirts can be purchased at $25 each upon enrolling.
All students should have a water bottle with them.
A healthy afternoon snack with juice is good dietary intake prior to exercise.
Hair must be tied back tightly in a ponytail or plats or pigtails. If hair is short then a tight headband should be worn.
Clothing should be non restrictive, comfortable and enable the body to move well and freely. Clothing should also be made of fabrics that allow the body to breath and sweat.
Lightweight cargo pants are allowed only on female students over 13yrs old. In summer shorts are allowed also, as long as they are not restrictive nor too baggy. Skirts are not permitted as most of the class training includes inverted poses and tricks.
Footwear can either be a runner, gym trainers or dance jazz boots/shoes.
Bare feet for students under 7 yrs. old is accepted..
Male students are required to wear on the bottom – blue or black cargo pants, shorts or tracksuit pants. On the top they should wear the Epic Dance t-shirt. These t-shirts can be purchased at $25 each upon enrolling.
All students should have a water bottle with them. A healthy afternoon snack with juice is good dietary intake prior to exercise.
Long hair must be tied back tightly in a ponytail or held with a bandana.
Clothing should be non restrictive, comfortable and enable the body to move well and freely. Clothing should also be made of fabrics that allow the body to breath and sweat. In summer shorts are allowed also as long as they are not restrictive nor too baggy.
Footwear can either be a runner, gym trainers or dance jazz boots/shoes. Bare feet for students under 7 yrs. old is accepted. Wheelie Runners are allowed but wheels are to be locked until the teacher requests them.
Absolute No Goes...
- No Jeans or denim (they do not allow the body to move/breath)
- No heavy cargo pants (they do not allow the body to move/breath)
- No jewellery (students may scratch/harm each other & the teachers)
- No lollies (students will choke and/or become irritable)
- No bubble gum/chewy (students will choke)
- No school Uniforms (unless the circumstance is absolutely unavoidable)
- No Nut Products allowed anywhere inside the building
Epic Fees and Payments
- No refunds are available under any circumstance.
- Payments are made via Direct Deposit unless otherwise arranged. Our bank details are available at the studio or via email.
- Sibling Discounts Available - $5 off per additional child.
- If a teacher is ill or in an unforeseen situation whereby class is cancelled, then students can do “make up” classes at any time convenient.
- Receipts are not issued unless requested
- We do not conduct classes on public holidays. Should your class fall on a public holiday then ‘make up’ classes are available to you.
- The full term must be paid in its entirety in order to secure your child's position in the class.
- Injury or Illness does not warrant a refund unless at the discretion of Elissa Meyer-Thomas the Director.
- If you join midterm fees are calculated pro rata.
- We reserve the right to apply a late payment penalty of $25 if fee payments are over two weeks late
- Please help us to keep the class fees low by helping us reduce administration costs by paying your fees promptly.
Epic Class Colour Info
At Epic Dance we
believe all kids are equal so we use the colours to determine the class levels
and ages. Suggested ages listed below are approximate only. Please call the
office to discuss the appropriate class for your child.
Mixed Gender Classes
Rainbow Kids 1.5 – 3 yrs.
Let’s boogie along together - mummy (or daddy’s or rellies) gets a mild work out too. Parental involvement is required. This class combines gymnastics, dance, circuits, exploration, games, hand apparatus and music.
Yellow 3 - 5 yrs.
For pre- school aged kids, this class is energetic and lively. The class consists of gymnastics, dance, circuits, games, challenges, stretching, strengthening, creative tasks and fabulous popular music.
Turquoise 5-7 yrs.
A slightly more advanced class for kids wanting greater challenges.
Purple 6 -8 yrs.
For school aged kids, this class is energetic and lively. The class consists of gymnastics, dance, circuits, games, challenges, stretching, strengthening, creative tasks and fabulous popular music.
Green 7 -9 yrs.
This is a fast paced, fun dance and gymnastics class combining many elements and circuits
Red 9 -11yrs
Get in and get
into it – an upbeat and fun class for kids wanting to move and groove.
The lessons involve more complex routines and movement sequences. It also challenges the kids to learn special tricks and skills and come up with some creative ideas themselves.
are welcome in this high energy, fast paced class.
This is a higher-level class for teenagers and young adults who will learn full and complex routines. The class consists of exercises that stretch, strengthen and improve coordination in a supportive environment. Beginners and experienced dancers are welcome here together due to the nature of the curriculum. Gymnastics and dance are fused into awesome routines and skill development.
Boys Only Classes
Blue Boys 5-7 yrs.
Teaches the basics and dance techniques in a fun and fast paced class environment with dance games and hand props to current popular music, includes movement exploration and basic break dancing. This class has lots of gymnastics skills and trickery.
Green Boys 8-10 yrs.
For guys who want
to learn rap, break dancing, funk and acrobatics. Bandanas, baseball caps and
roller runners are welcome in this class. This class has lots of gymnastics
skills and trickery.
Orange Boys 11 -15 yrs.
A full-on boy work out, boot camp, gymnastics, break dance, rapping – anything goes in this class. Learn coordination, acrobatics and cool dance moves. This class has lots of gymnastics skills and trickery.